Sunday, September 28, 2008

Top Five NFL Picks


Apologies for how late these are. Here are the top five games in week four.

(Note: Clay couldn't make his picks in form of a written response. Just his straight picks are up.)

5. Philadelphia @ Chicago +3

It looks like McNabb is going to be ready to suit up on Sunday, but it appears Westbrook may be sitting and I can't really blame him here. Chicago's defense is pretty solid, so why risk an injury here. This makes me unhappy because he was my top pick in fantasy football. Without Westbrook, this team loses it's major option, but with the Eagles defense, I don't see Kyle Orton making many big plays. Even in Chicago, I gotta bet on the Eagles.

Philly -3

4. Minnesota @ Tennessee -3

Tennessee is sitting pretty atop the AFC North, but how long can we expect that to continue? They've looked good on offense and defense and while they're not flashy, they're just winning football games and that's all you need to know how to do really. I think, however, that the Titans will get a dose of reality against a team that I think is clearly better even though Gus Frerotte is their quarterback.

Minnesota +3

3. Green Bay @ Tampa Bay -1

Hmmm. This is a funny line. If you'd had just given me the game and where it was being played without the line, I'd have predicted the line to be at about 4 points for the road favorite. Tampa Bay has a friggin pirate ship in their stadium, but does that give them THAT much of a home field advantage? If this game were at Lambeau, the Packers would be a 6 point favorite, guarentee. I have to go with the maxim that you gotta bet on a road dog if you think they can win outright.

Green Bay +1

2. Baltimore @ Pittsburgh -5.5

Not sure what to make of this game. The Ravens defense isn't going to let Mendenhall be true on his "I'm gonna have a big game" prediction, but Joe Flacco isn't going to do anything against the Steelers defense. This is a good under game. I say Baltimore keeps it close, but ultimately loses.

Baltimore +5.5

1. Washington @ Dallas -11.5

If we made our own power rankings, would Dallas be at the top? I say definitely. They've had the highest ranking game every week mainly because every team in their division could be a playoff team. Three of them were last year. I never thought I would say that the NFC East is an entertaining division, but this year it is. I have to admit though. I hate the Cowboys. I've always hated the Cowboys, but this year they're pissing me off because everyone is on their jock straps. Yes, I am a little mad because the Patriots were the top dog last year and now they're not. That said, I don't think there are many defenses capable of stopping the Cowboys. The Redskins certainly aren't one of them.

Cowboys -11.5

Clay's picks:
Philly -3, Tennessee -3, Green Bay +1, Baltimore +5.5, Cowboys 11.5

No comments: