Sunday, October 26, 2008

Week 8


Barack may be good, but Brett Favre would kick his ass in an election. Oz in black, Clay in blue.

14. Washington @ Detroit (+9):

I'd like to point out that Washington doesn't really blow people out, but Detroit refuses to keep things close. Remember playing basketball when you were younger and when you played against an older cousin or something they'd spot you a few points? I think they should do this here. Start the Lions up 10-0. That way the Redskins will be a little more comfortable because they can score a few times and the game will be close. Since this won't happen. I'm expecting the Redskins to win something like 20-7 with a dumb score from the Lions coming late.

Washington -9

This should happen, but how many points do the Chiefs get, ten won’t do it? The Skins don’t blow people out, but they gave up a late score last week for a back door cover by the Browns. Detroit is bad. Is Orlovsky the QB of the future? If not, why would you start him over Kitna? This doesn’t make sense to me.

Redskins -9

13. Kansas City @ New York Jets (-13):

Ladies and gentlemen, you're 2008 Kansas City Chiefs. Larry Johnson, product of the classy program in State College, Pennsylvania, would JoePa be happy with your behavior? I read a really touching article about Johnson being really sensitive and shy during his breakout year a couple years back. Apparently that has changed, huh?

No scenario here is surprising. The Jets just lost the the Raiders despite being given every opportunity to win. Could Brett Favre throw seven touchdowns this weekend? Sure. Will it happen? No.

Here is an interesting thought: who's more of a media darling, Favre or Obama? I'm giving the edge to Favre because if he were running for president, I think he'd win. Well, he'd win Wisconsin in a landslide. And all 3,408 analysts from the pregame shows would vote for him too.

Kansas City +13

What year do you think they stop adding more people to the pregame shows? Is it when they can’t fit any more people on one shot? Do you think they are all required to get stoned before the show so they will laugh a lot? Who runs these things?

Favre over Obama in a land slide. The Jets aren’t very good, and I attribute a lot to the offensive play calling. They are actually stopping the run, but they baffle me every week with their play calling. If Favre throws, this is a blowout, if not, KC could keep…nevermind, the Chiefs have no offense at all. They also suck at defense. I think the Springfield College pride could cover this spread with their option offense.

Jets -13

12. Oakland @ Baltimore (-6.5):

Neither. They are not good, but they're not bad either. They are in the middle and will probably be 8-8 this year just to prove my point. The defense is getting old, the offense is getting younger. That's odd. I think they should just rebuild.

Oakland almost blew the Jets game last week and I'm not sold they can score against the Ravens, but I'm taking a chance here.

Oakland +6.5

Oakland won’t be able to run on Baltimore and I wouldn’t trust Jamarcus Russell to throw me the remote across a room with wood flooring, let alone to win a football game without a running game.

Baltimore -6.5

11. Cincinnati @ Houston (-9.5):

It's a good thing Fitzpatrick is smart. At least he has something to fall back on. Since I'm being educated at Harvard, can I be an NFL quarterback? I can't be any worse than him. Houston is impressive, I think. They won't make the playoffs, but they may be a couple years away. This is a good spoiler team right now.

HOUSTON -9.5

Agreed about Houston, thought the same thing going into the season and they had a tough time getting started. I thought I had Cincy figured out as the team that continued to lose, but barely, and now with Fitzpatrick, I guess I have them figured out too. They suck.

Houston -9.5

10. Cleveland @ Jacksonville (-7):

Did you expect Jacksonville to be tougher this year? I mean tougher like, "oh shit you don't want to stand toe to toe with them." Soft teams would be a little scared going in because they knew they'd get smacked in the mouth on both sides of the ball. I'm not sure I feel this way. Cleveland has been playing better. This could be an upset, but it could also be a "hey, we're still way tougher than the Browns." I'm going with the latter.

Jacksonville -7

I thought Winslow wasn’t playing this week? Cleveland is actually much improved on defense, but I bet this bye helped out Jacksonville a lot, and we see that “tough” team down the stretch. Not sure if they will challenge Tenn for the title, but a wild card sounds right to me. By the way, can you believe Tenn is running away with this division? Is this at all similar to Tampa beating out the Sox and Yankees?

Jacksonville -7

9. Buffalo @ Miami (+1):

This is an intriguing match in the AFC East. Both teams could legitimately win this division and both teams have been wildly inconsistent. Miami plays great against two of the "better" teams in the league then shits the bed. Buffalo looks unstoppable at times, but they also look awful and inexperienced. When in doubt, go with the home team, right?

MIAMI +1

Right. I think Buffalo is a good team, but they aren’t one of the best teams. They have a couple good wins in there, but against teams that can control the clock and play some tough defense, I think they will get beat. Either that or teams that do what Arizona did to them and jump ahead and cruise because the Bills offense isn’t explosive. I think Miami steps up for this game and hits Buffalo in the mouth. It will be close, but like you said…

Miami +1

8.Seattle @ San Francisco (-4.5):

There's not one game I would rather watch less than this one. I'm serious. I'd watch any other game. San Francisco just fired their coach. They're either getting their ass kicked or winning big.

SAN FRANCISCO -4.5

I don’t think the firing will affect them much because Nolan didn’t run the offense and the defense sucked anyway. If Hasselbeck were here, I would take the points, but Seneca Wallace is not good. When your best receiver catches one ball all night like last week, then your offense is not working. San Fran won’t win many more this year, but when you get to play Seattle, KC, Detroit or Cincy twice, you are almost guaranteed two wins.

Niners -4.5

No comments: