Saturday, November 15, 2008

10-4

Both Oz and Clay are astonished that the Falcons rookie Matt Ryan has taken Atlanta from being a terrible team to a semi-watchable one. Clay in black, Oz in blue.

10. Cleveland @ Buffalo (-5) Yes, this is the tenth best game of the week.

That's a sign the apocalypse is upon us. Going into this year, I'd say this would be higher up, too. I like the way Cleveland is playing. On the other end, I have seen Buffalo a bunch of times this season and I want to say they're good, but I can't. Everyone got on their nuts when they started 4-0, but look at the teams they've beaten (Seattle, Jacksonville, San Diego, Oakland, and St. Louis ... yes, I've called San Diego bad twice already). The Bills aren't good. (Neither are the Browns, but they're better than the Bills)

Cleveland +5

Well I already used this one on you twice too, the Chargers my not be very good, but they beat the snot out of the Patriots and the Jets, your top two teams in the AFC East. Neither of these teams are good. I don’t know what to expect from the Bills these days, except boring crappy football. The Browns had a little fight last Thursday, but can they bring that on the road? Apparently someone in the Browns locker room commented that some of the guys are quiting on the team. That is not what you want to hear before a meaningless road game with a shitty coach and a rookie (I call a QB in his first year as a starter a rookie, is this ok?) QB.

Bills -5

9. Houston @ Indianapolis (-8.5) You were closer here on the line. I thought it'd be a little higher, but given Indy's inconsistency, you'd think they'll struggle with Houston ... ummm, oh wait. Remember the Texans blew a 17 point fourth quarter lead against this team? You don't think the Colts absolutely have this team's number? At home? Coming off two huge wins (granted they came off the other team beating themselves, hmm, which come to think of it is how the Colts win ALL their games)?

Indy -8.5

I really want to take Houston here because I feel like they always play Indy tough, but I see they have only beaten them once. The Texan’s defense isn’t stopping anyone, and after their showing last week at home, I can’t in my right mind take them with less then ten on the road. Indy may be coming into their own, and they may be dangerous down the stretch, which is not good for my Chargers in a game they really need next week. My heart says take Houston, but my brain tells me they haven’t a shot.

Colts -8.5

8. Tennessee @ Jacksonville (+3) Only three again, huh?

Yea, that's ludicrous. The Titans. 10-0, huh? Good for them. Perfection is not easy.

Tennessee -3

I love the Titans, they get no love, well they do from me. The only week I didn’t bet on them was Green Bay, when they didn’t cover. I think I keep riding this train. Jacksonville can’t turn crap into gold with one blowout over the worst team in the Big Ten, your Detroit Lions (really, they would probably lose to Penn St and Ohio St, no?).

Titans -3

7. Denver @ Atlanta (-6.5) I wanted to rank this higher because I think it will be fun to watch.

Atlanta has become a team that's fun to watch. It's been great seeing how well Matt Ryan has played in his rookie season. I thought it'd take a while for him to come along, but he's adjusted very nicely. The Falcons play stout defense, they can run the shit out of the ball, and Ryan is capable of putting up points through the air. They could win the NFC South (they won't).

Atlanta -6.5

You’re right, they won’t but that NFC South has turned out to be a very good, exciting conference, who’d of thought. The Broncos are tough to bet on. In Denver I love taking the points when they are favored by three or more. They aren’t going to stop the Falcons, but can the Falcons stop the Broncos? I think this is a shootout and the winner of the game is the last with the ball. At the very least, can’t you see the Broncos down 13, and scoring a worthless TD on a 2 minute drive to end the game and cover? I love picking the Broncos every week and being happy whether they win or lose.

Broncos +6.5

6. Minnesota @ Tampa Bay (-3.5) Tampa is good at home and the Vikings cost me winning my five-team parlay last week. Well, they didn't cost me shit. Green Bay did, but the Vikings didn't help. You know who has really helped the Vikings? Sidney Rice. At least it gives Frerotte another guy to throw to. This way, opponents can't stack the line and double-cover Berrian. He's opened up this offense nicely. That said, Tampa might be too good at home.

Tampa Bay -3.5

Tampa Bay is very good at home. These NFC South teams are all tough at home, and Minnesota didn’t sell me with that win last week. I still think their pass defense is too shitty to support a one dimensional offense. You are right that the pass offense is better with Rice, and Ferotte for that matter, but he is still Gus Ferotte, and this is a very good Tampa defense. I like the Bucs at home and hate them on the road.

Bucs -3.5

The #4 game was the Jets (+3) over the Patriots. Clay correctly picked the outcome. Oz? Not so much.

No comments: