Saturday, November 15, 2008

Bottom games


Welcome to week 11! Oz is in blue, Clay in black.

So I got through the top 10 games and then I got stuck. The last 6 games were all so equally bad, I could not decide which one could possibly be better then the other. Since I don't believe any of them should be better then last, they are all tied for 16th.

I think it's perfectly okay to list these games all as #16.

16. Oakland @ Miami (-10.5) Higher than I thought it would be here. I guess I still think too highly of Oakland. However, besides the New England game, the Dolphins haven't blown anyone out and we're talking about teams that aren't very good (San Diego, Buffalo, Seattle, Denver). I gotta go with the points here.

Oakland +10.5

I hate that the Chargers are in that not very good category and I can’t even argue. I think I am the opposite. I am very down on Oakland, the defense isn’t doing much and the offense is horrendous. I doubt anyone on the team cares based on their suckiness (yeah, I said it) and their recent cut of their “best player”. Meanwhile I have been a bit too high on Miami. They have a solid defense and an offense that is pretty average. They have trouble moving the ball sometimes, but can Oakland stop them? I thought they should have torn through Seattle, that was disappointing. Carolina covered this spread last week in Oakland with Delhomme throwing for 57 yards and 4 interceptions. I don’t think Pennington does that. Oakland will not win another game this year, and I think they started getting rolled every week…I guess continue to.

Dolphins -10.5

16. Philadelphia @ Cincinatti (+9) I was half a point off here with my guess (-9.5). The points don't really matter much to me here, as I think everyone saw that the Eagles are one of the better teams in the league even though they might not make the playoffs. Imagine that? There are, as of now, seven teams ahead of them.

Philly -9

I plan to continue with this beat up on crappy teams and lose to good teams theory. Philly beats up on this craptastic club. Wow, I guessed 13 here, what does that tell you about my thoughts on this line. By the way, you guessed 3.5 for the Dolphins line, apparently you do overrate them.

Eagles -9

16. New Orleans @ Kansas City (+5.5) It was you who was a half point off here. Good guess. Kansas City has played pretty well in the last few weeks even though they've lost five in a row. That's weird to say. This team is 1-8 and they're playing well? The Saints, meanwhile, are the only team capable of losing a game in which your QB throws for 422 yards. Still don't know if Bush is going to play either. I hate to say this, but I'm going with the Chiefs (which may change come Sunday).

Kansas City +5.5

I agree with you for now. I may also change this, but the Chiefs have looked decent in their last three losses. Does that mean they are due for a win, no, but it means they will probably stay close with a team that plays no defense. The Chiefs defense has been playing better, but I don’t see them holding down the Saints offense. Bush or no Bush, the Saints should rack up a lot of yards on the ground. This could be over at halftime, but I think the Chiefs keep playing with heart, especially at home.

Chiefs +5.5

16. Detroit @ Carolina (-14) We both nailed this one at -14. Seems about right. Seems about a good bet, too. Nothing like playing Detroit to make you forget about last week, huh Delhomme?

Carolina -14

Seriously, you know how they kept shooting up the Patriots lines last year but it didn’t matter how high they went, we were all still betting on them? Well its like the bizaro Patriots of 08. The Lions just lost at home to a seriously struggling Jags team 38-14. Is there any reason to expect less then 200 yards on the ground and 500 total yards from Carolina? How many picks does Culpepper throw, and is this offense really better with him on the field then Kitna?

Carolina -14

16. St Louis @ San Francisco (-6) This line has to be reflective of what kind of game happened on Monday, huh? There is not one good game in the NFC west. We can't say, "well, if so-and-so matches up against so-and-so, it'll be a good game." No. It'll never be a good game with this division. Don't bother me about Monday, it was a fluke. I didn't even watch it.

San Francisco -6

I got on the St Louis bandwagon too late and have stayed on too long. They looked like the worst team in the league last week and SF barely lost to their division leader on the road. You are right about this line being a product of last week. So shouldn’t we go the opposite way? Is St Louis finally going to cover again the week I decide to give up on them? Can SF play defense? St Louis sure can’t. I hate this game. Here is what I said when we guessed this line “(this depends too much on tonights game but a wild guess, -3 sounds good, haha)” the line probably changed three points based on that game. I am definitely going to waffle all week on this one.

Niners -6

16. Arizona @ Seattle (+3) What did I say? Not ONE good game in this division. Arizona should kill the Seahawks. By the way, I nailed this line.

Arizona -3

No, there will never be a good game because there is one good team and three terrible terrible terrible teams. I thought you were way off on this line, I had 7.5 (of course that was before the almost lost to SF at home). Seattle is overrated after beating up on SF and losing close to Miami. I still don’t buy Seattle. They may keep this close and they may pull the upset in a good stadium for that, but I can’t bet on them to do so. Arizona is a better team, Seattle will probably be worse with Hasselbeck who hasn’t played in a long time.

Cardinals -3

No comments: