Sunday, November 2, 2008

Top Picks


To some people (Clay), drinking before work seems to be acceptable.
Clay is in blue, Oz is in black.

4. Dallas @ NYG(-9):
Man, who'd have seen this coming last month. Giants should be up for this one and would love to blow out the Cowboys. By the time Romo comes back, they could be out of it already. The O line has been terrible for Dallas, and the Giants have probably the best pass rush in the league. I honestly think the Giants rip through Dallas. The Cowboys aren't doing much of anything well lately. They played good d last week, but Eli can throw deep, so they can't play the same defense. Giants -9

You're right about not being able to see this coming. To be truthful, I was expecting the Giants to struggle this year after their championship rings came in. They've proved me wrong. They're the best team in the league. The Cowboys might be in trouble, especially since the NFC is the tougher of the two divisions.

Giants -9

3. Pittsburgh @ Washington(-1.5):
Washington is a tough team to figure out. They are good, but I have trouble buying into them as a top tier team. They won at Dallas and at Philly. They are home most of the remaining sched. The problem I see washington running into is good defenses because their offense isn't explosive enough. This could be a very low scoring game with both defenses dominating. The thing is, you stop PItt with a good pass rush and Washington doesnt usually win that way. Steelers +1.5

This is a tough week for the Redskins. They could win this game, but I don't think they're on the Steelers level, at least physically. Pittsburgh hits hard, this game could be a slugfest. It should be a good game. Seems like an odd line to me.

Steelers +1.5

2. Green Bay @ Tennessee(-5.5):
I have been riding Tennessee for over a month now and it has been fun. I am getting off on this stop, though. They are coming off of a tough battle on Monday night and get a rested Green Bay team that has spent two weeks trying to figure out how to win this game. I think the Packers are the better then any team Tenn has faced thus far, and the should give the running game a challenge. Tenn could definitely win this one, but i like this being a low scoring close game, and I honestly think GB comes out ahead. Packers +5.5

I've been the opposite. Haven't bought into it until the Monday night game against Indianapolis. This is a classic letdown game that I won't let myself be talked into. Tennessee is better than Green Bay.

Tennessee -5.5

1. New England @ Indianapolis(-5.5):
Ahaaaaaa. This is interesting, hard to pick a winner here. I don't totally understand either team. The Pats are so inconsistent, and I dont know what they really do well. They rush the passer well, and Indy has had some trouble with that. New England is susceptible in the secondary, but Indy hasn't been doing much on offense, especially if they can get to Peyton. I think Indy gets Bob Sanders back this week so the backup running backs lose a bit of the edge. I have to admit I think the Patriots aren't good. Would I be surprised if New England won this game, no. Would I be suprised if Indy won by 24, no. Do I think both of these coaches would run up the score, yes. Indianapolis -5.5

Expect a shoot-out. I'm terrified of this game. I don't think the Colts are better than the Patriots. I can't pick against Belichick.

New England +5.5
I think I have a problem. I just finished and then made another bloody mary to go. Is that bad? It's 930 and I am drinking my second bloody mary, which has to be at least 50-50 or you end up just drinking tomato juice, on my way to beach day at work.

No comments: